Sunday, May 25, 2008

In Memory of those I have lost

I have been working this week with Shawn. He burys cable for the local cable company. It is hot, hard work but good money. We decided that I would work with him so we could keep all the money in our family instead of him hiring someone. Maybe tomorrow I can get some pics of us at work. Im getting sun burnt. I had applied sunscreen like a mad person but Im still frying. I so dread the really hot weather. My skin will be like leather. I now understand why my Paw wore long sleeve shirts when he worked the garden. Of course they were thin and worn out but they protected him from the sun. I think maybe I should find me a few to wear as well. We have been working 6 days a week from 9 am til dark..uaually around 8 or 9 pm. We come in, eat a quick bite, grab a shower and hit the bed. Today is the day of rest...I have cooked brunch and cleaned up all the dishes along with starting some laundry BUT my washer is messed up and not washing so Im going to have to go to my Mom's to get that done..least its right up the road!

_____________________________________________________________________

In memory on memorial day:



I found this poem on the message board at 123 stitch.

I felt it fit my loved ones to a tee.

I sure miss them and this poem gives me peace:

____________________________________________________________________

Do not stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.
– Author unknown


God Bless,


~Jen













No comments:

Blog Archive